Saturday, May 30, 2020

Lie Not To Lie


Today, two years ago was a very special day in my life. My new favorite milestones were added to my journal almost 10 days straight, and 30th May was my fifth at that period.

It was an evening, after we spent hours being wet for whole day on our boat trip. We finally arrived our homestay which was on a remote island in Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Nobody else, just us.

We had dinner together at our wooden dinning table, and everyone had conversations in Bahasa Indonesia which I could not understand even a thing. So, I just kept eating. I remember I ate 8 shrimps when everyone only got a few of them. XD hahaha

Suddenly, they turned the question at me. And six pair of eyes were too. They staring me down before their question came out.

"How do you know Mr. K?" His friend, Hendra, asked.
"You can ask him directly." because Mr. K was also there, and I just didn't want to tell a lie. I was not good at lying.

Mr. K used to tell me in April 2017 that if anyone asked how we knew each other, just told them we were from a game. But the problem was I didn't usually play game. What if they asked me in detail? I would be stung!

"We just want to know if he lied us or not. He told us he knew you from game." The another friend, Meilisa, who sat next to me said.

I glanced at him, but he kept staring at food on table, and he picked some food up to bite. He choked a little bit before he left the table for water. Guess he was pretending not to care about their question and my answer.

"Sorry. I cannot remember because it's long time already." I lied. Anyway.
"How long?"Asked Meilisa.
"Maybe 2 years."
"Not that long to not remember." She said so, but there was no more question.

Everyone was quiet for a few seconds, then Hendra, that same person who sat at the opposite of my seat and next to Mr. K, began...

"Look at him." Hendra's hand was on Mr. K's face, like he was trying to introduce me his brand new product. "He's so handsome. You know? He has so many girlfriends there." He continued.

Everyone laughed, and so did I. I began to feel like everyone could feel my feel toward Mr. K too. We just chose not to speak it out, or the atmosphere would turn to uncomfortable.

"Why do you like Raja Ampat?" Meilisa asked.

I paused a few seconds. 
What? I did not even use to know Raja Ampat before. I just came here to see him!

"I like sea and mountain." I replied and smiled at her. (Thinking how smart and flexible I was.) haha

Everyone started to talk in Bahasa again. I can not understand. But I was totally enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment